Running a number change on inventory items will affect your webstore. Here are details to process this through Dataport.
INSTRUCTIONS TO RUN NUMBER CHANGE IN SAGE / DATAPORT:
- Shut down the Dataport and WebConnect services using Dataport Maintenance | Services. (NOTE: During this shutdown, customers will not be able to review their account information.)
- Click Stop on the Dataport tab
- Click Stop on the WebConnect tab
- BACKUP your current Sage and Dataport databases – this is usually done in MS-SQL (if you need assistance please let us know)
- Run the number changes in Sage according to their instructions. DO NOT DELETE THE NUMBER CHANGE LOG/AUDIT FILE.
- Open Dataport and go to Maintenance | Number Changes. Click Run. Once the process has run click Close. You may check the Dataport log file to make sure there were no errors.
- In Dataport click the View Log button and review any messages.
- For an item number change confirm a sample of the number changes by comparing Sage with Dataport. You will also want to compare any additional information like Web Categories or other web data.
- Once satisfied with the changes, restart the Dataport and WebConnect services.